About our P.G. Department:
Govt. college of Education is upgraded as An Institute for Advanced Studies in Education (I.A.S.E.) by Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi under the centrally sponsored scheme for expansion of teacher’s training in Maharashtra under the NEP 1986. It has now become obligatory to provide all the facilities of higher education in faculty of education to both the in-service and pre-service teachers.
Hence the institute applied to National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Bhopal to start M. Ed. Regular Full-time with intake capacity of 25 students from the academic year 2003-04 and M. Ed Regular, Part-time two year duration with intake capacity of 20 students each year from academic year 2005-06. The intake capacity of M. Ed Regular Fulltime course increase with 15 students from the academic year 2007-08. Now the intake capacity of this course is 40 students. These courses run totally on the self finance basis for which well qualified facilities are appointed.
To develop excellence teacher, teacher educator, researcher, through qualitative teacher education programmes for ready to work in changing multicultural Society.
To develop sound educational &research environment, motivate student teachers from diverse backgrounds, effective use of new technologies, sustainable development, promoting life skills for archiving excellence in education through P.G development in pre-service & in-service student teachers.
1. To develop the research attitude and aptitude amongst the pre-service & in-service student teachers so as to solve the issues in Education.
2. To acquaint the pupil teachers with the new technologies to enable them to integrate it in the learning, teaching, evaluation and research.
3. To prepare student teacher for different psychological Services like vocational guidance, personal, educational, through education programmes.
4. To organised different research activities, seminar, and workshops on new trendsin education.
5. To organise career guidance & competitive examination guidance programmes such as TET, NET, SET, PET & other exams.
6. To establish healthy relationship with society by conducting various interactive programmes through field based activities, field visits & excursion.
7. To extend the mutual reciprocal actionprogramme in between in-service, pre-service teacher trainees, experienced teachers for sharing their views, ideasand experiences.
8. To implement the objectives recommended by NCTE, NCERT, UGC, and University& Our institutions regarding teacher education programmes.
9. To provide the research guidance to all research scholars for qualitative research work in all discipline of the society.
- Contribution to qualitative research.
- Promoting the use of technology.
- Dedication towards profession.
- Quest for excellence.
- Respect & Integrity
- Development of global citizenship qualities.
- Contribution to environment awareness.