Govt. College of Education, I.A.S.E., Aurangabad is the oldest and reputed teacher’s training (NAAC ‘A’ Grade re-accredited in 2015 with CGPA- 3.27) institution which is established in 1954 prior to the establishment of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad by Ministry of Higher & Technical Education Department, Mantralaya, Mumbai for catering to the needs of pre-service and in-service teachers. It was initially affiliated to Osmannia University, Hyderabad. For the year 1954-1955 & 1955-1956. International Accreditation Organization (U.S.A.) has also visited the institute and considering the academic, infrastructural facilities and institutional facilities accredited the institute in 2014. It is situated on its own campus admeasuring 700 x 900 meters of land adjoining to Govt. Engineering College, Aurangabad. Now housed in new modern, well-furnished I.A.S.E. administrative and academic building along with old academic building.
This Institute is now upgraded as An Institute for Advanced Studies in Education (I.A.S.E.) by Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi under the centrally sponsored scheme for expansion of teacher’s training in Maharashtra under the NEP 1986. Consequently it has now become obligatory to provide all the facilities of higher education in faculty of education to both the in-service and pre-service teachers. Now this institute is running in-service & pre-service courses duly recognised NCTE (WRC ) BHOPAL and with the approval of two universities namely DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY AURANGABAD and YESHVANTRAO CHAVAN MAHARASHTRA OPEN UNIVERSITY (Y.C.M.O.U)
TABLE SHOWING LONG DURATION P.G & U.G COURESES OF FACE TO FACE / REGULUR MODE BEING RUN BY INSTITUTION AFFILIATED BY DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY, AURANGABAD
|Sr. No.||Course||Intake||Duration||Remarks Recognized by NCTE, GOVT. & UNIVERSITY|
|1||B. Ed (Regular /Face to Face mode)||50||Two Year||Yes|
|2||M. Ed (Regular /Face to Face mode)||50||Two Year||Yes|
|3||Ph. D (Part-time)in Education||50||Three Year||Yes|
TABLE No. : II
TABLE SHOWING LONG DURATION P.G & U.G COURESES OF IN-SERVICE/ DISTANCE MODE BEING RUN BY Institution
|Sr. No.||Course||Intake||Duration||Remarks Recognized by NCTE, GOVT. &YCMOU|
|3||Diploma in Yog Shikshak||20||1 Year||Yes|
INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES AVAILABLE:-
Under centrally sponsored scheme a huge modern & well equipped building worth of Rs. 2.15 crores, has been constructed and is being used through central Government and state Government fund.
A modern & furnished auditorium is constructed on UGC fund having a capacity to accommodate 300 audience and is being used for cultural, educational activities.
As per the Norms & Standards laid down by N.C.T.E. vide the circular published on September 9’ 2002 the institute has developed a Seminar Hall with seminar environment in I.A.S.E. building which is being used for M.Ed. & Ph. D courses in fostering the ability of the trainees for conducting seminars and presenting papers that ultimately shall lead them to generate research abilities and self-study habits.
AUDIO VISUAL LABORATORY
A specious well equipped audio visual laboratory comprising of video camera and all audio visual aids are available and are being used for B.Ed. & M.Ed. trainees to develop their habits of efficiently handling the hard wares and soft wares for developing trainees’ ability & skill of teaching effectively.
The institute has developed well-furnished I.T. Laboratory with internet accessibility of Broad Band for P.G. & U.G. courses. The institute has also made ‘Wi-Fi’ facility available in the campus.
The institution has developed well equipped psychology laboratory comprising of psychological instruments, tests, charts etc. all equipment’s are being used by B.Ed. trainees to apply psychological concepts in their field and by M.Ed. trainees for research purposes.
The institute has recently developed a
language laboratory including 12 computers with software for developing
communicative skill of B.Ed. & M.Ed. trainees, beneficiaries.
The library consists of total no. 28844 books & is having separate reading room’s facilities for gents and ladies and 12 researcher’s cabins. The library is now equipped with e-library and internet facility which is made available for readers and researchers. No. of periodicals & journals subscribed are 23. e-Journals -6000 and more than 97000 e-books are available. Soul software is being used. It is now fully computerised.
It has a well-furnished boy’s hostel with all modern amenities having capacity to accommodate 60 students. Construction of 20 girl’s hostel is completed and will be used for girl’s trainees soon.
GAMES & SPORTS
All the Indoor & Outdoor facilities for sports and athletics are available. The institute owns a huge playground admeasuring 200 x 400 mtrs. Besides the Indoor games facilities like table-tennis, badminton etc. are available with all the necessary equipment’s and apparatus.
Residential quarters for Director/Principal, Warden & Eight Class-IV Servants & One ladies warden quarters in ladies hostel are made available.
COMMON FACILITIES AVAILABLE FOR B.Ed. & M.Ed. COURSE
As per the N.C.T.E. Norms & Standards the institute has well established academic units, departments & support services which are commonly used for all. The details of functioning of Units & Departments are as follows:
- The under graduation unit organizes the various workshops, seminars, co-curricular activities for improving the qualities of B. Ed teacher-trainees.
- Post graduate department also conducts, Seminars, workshops for research activities, guidance for various competitive exams like NET, SET, and TET etc.
- Extension & training department organizes workshops & orientation courses for in-service teachers, Teacher educators & RP’s of CTEs & DIETs.
- Under the distance education Dept. U.G courses of YCMOU. Nashik are being run.
- Research & Publication department organizes state level, university level workshops, and seminars on new trends in research. It also publishes quarterly research journal titled as “National Journal of Extensive Education and Interdisciplinary Research”.
- Physical education department organizes Yoga camp, blood donation camp, Community Service Camp etc.
- The vision of psychology department is to use the psychological tests in research and to organize seminar, workshop on Educational Psychology.
- Mathematics laboratory provides an opportunity to organize math’s day celebration, creation of handouts, wall papers etc.
- The functions of placement cell are to arrange training programmes like job interview skills, soft skills etc. and also to make an arrangement for campus interview of the trainees as per the requirements of the institution for giving the opportunity to teacher trainees to work in reputed schools.
- Guidance and Counselling cell is established in 2014.The functions of the cell are to guide and counsel the trainee teachers & parents about their problems.
Bringing out Excellence in education through Qualitative and
Competency based Teacher Education Programmes.
‘Tamaso Ma Jyotirgamaya ’
To shape the Educated Personnel into committed Component and
Qualitative Teachers for achieving Excellence in Education
through Pre-service Teacher-Education Programmes, Research &
To equip the In-service teachers, Educational Administrators,
Researchers & Planners with Innovative Practices, new
Methodologies, Modern Technological Skills & Research Abilities
for achieving Excellence in Education through In-Service Teacher
Education Programmes and Research & Extension programmes.